Monday, November 3, 2014

EA Tremolo - PCB

So I got the breadboard working all fine and dandy and moved on to wiring up the PCB.  First I start with the low sitting components, in this case, just the resistors.  Below is the board wired with only resistors in it.

Notice the one resistor that was wired vertically.  This is because in order to put two wires on the board for the LED it was required that I put that resistor in vertically to allow access to the pad I need for a wire. In the picture I actually still managed to put one of the leads of that vertical resistor in the wrong pad but realized my mistake later when it came time to install the LED.  Next come taller components like the transistor sockets and the non-polarized caps. (Picture only shows the sockets)
Then the electrolytic caps to finish out the board.  Snip off the leads on the back and that is it for components.



Notice that the spot for a 1k resistor is left empty.  Had I not opted to go with the blinking LED mod these pads would be used but since I decided to change things I no longer need that resistor. Once all of those components are wired up I solder in all of the wires, plop the transistors in their sockets, and that is all we need to do with the PCB.  Completed PCB (minus ground wire) shown below.


The layout I followed from generalguitargadgets.com is shown below








No comments:

Post a Comment